Generally when you plan holidays in December major preferences are given to snowy places, locations with snow, heavy coats, hot chocolate, and conifer trees. But, do not forget that you can get your time of holidays in winter at warm places. So that you can spend your winter vacations peacefully with outdoor activities without catching a cold and cough. Well, the U.S.A. has an abundance of warm-weather destinations. Each of these destinations will give you your best winter holidays without spoiling the Christmas charm and holiday beliefs.
Here Are Some Warm Places to Visit in December in USA:
South Padre Island, Texas
- When you plan for your winter vacation with warm places then what can better than Sout Padre island. This barrier island off the southern coast of Texas one of the hottest Spring Break destinations in the U.S. currently.
- South Padre Island is a resort town on a barrier island of the same name, off the southern coast of Texas. It’s known for its beaches and calm waters. South Padre Island Birding and Nature Center is home to a 5-story watchtower with views of migrating birds.
- The South Padre Island Dolphin Research & Sealife Nature Center offers boat tours and touch tanks. Sea turtles are rescued and rehabilitated at Sea Turtle Inc
- During summer the Gulf of Mexico can be warm enough to swim in and in winter, the weather is ideal for traversing the Laguna Madre Nature Trail, a cakewalk in Isla Blanca Park or a dolphin voyage.
- If you are willing to spend good family time this winter then San Deigo is the destination you are looking for. Moderate climate, soothing atmosphere and the fluffy breeze is definitely your cup of tea.
- San Diego is a city on the Pacific coast of California known for its beaches, parks and warm climate. Located on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, San Diego is widely known as “America’s Finest City.”
- Immense Balboa Park is the site of the notable San Diego Zoo, as well as infinite art galleries, artist studios, museums and gardens.
- As the oldest city in California, San Diego has the original Spanish mission. Registered as a National Historic Landmark, the mission buildings were crafted from adobe in a quadrangle formation with a striking white-painted facade. For sunbathing and shopping, La Jolla is prized for its sandy beaches, as well as it’s picturesque downtown full of gourmet restaurants, art museums, performing arts, and antique shops.
- A rumbling harbor is home to a large active naval fleet, with the USS Midway, an aircraft-carrier-turned-museum, open to the public.
- Famous for its miles and miles of white-sand beaches and amazing weather, the city offers an abundance of fun attractions for visitors of all ages.
- You must explore the historic Gaslamp Quarter, which is full of boutiques, art galleries, and good restaurants.
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park, where museums, retail shops, and restaurants occupy the old adobe buildings are worth spending time.
- Families with young children will enjoy the city’s kid-friendly attractions. Diego Zoo, home to panda bears and other exotic animals; watching the dolphin and whale shows at SeaWorld theme park, exploring the playgrounds at Balboa Park, admiring colorful sea life at Birch Aquarium in La Jolla; and spending time at the New Children’s Museum.
Siesta Key, Florida
- Siesta Key is no less than a winter paradise in the U.S. in December. Siesta Key offers something for everyone and has been voted the best beach in the world twice, sparkling turquoise lagoons, white quartz sand, and amenities plentiful.
- It’s also the dry season in Florida, so rain will be scarce and the sun will be shining all day long.
- Warm temperatures are perfect for paddleboarding or kayaking through Sarasota’s enchanted mangrove tunnels. Cooler weather also means a visit to Big Cat Sanctuary, a refuge for neglected and abused big cat species from around the world is in order.
- If you’re into art, the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art is a must-do. It’s filled with 21 galleries of European paintings as well as Cypriot antiquities and Asian, American, and contemporary art. Famous artists represented include Rubens, Bernini, Finelli, Boudin, and more.
- If you are willing to enjoy your winter holidays than what can be better than Savannah, a coastal Georgia city.
- It is considered to be separated from South Carolina by the Savannah River, majorly known for manicured parks, horse-drawn carriages and antebellum architecture.
- Its historic district is filled with cobblestoned squares and parks such as Forsyth Park shaded by oak trees covered with Spanish moss. At the center of this picturesque district is the landmark, Gothic-Revival Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist
- Throughout December, there are vacation light exhibits, and musical and theatrical performances approximately every day. You get the experience of authentic Christmas celebration hosted by Historic houses host events that let visitors enjoy the Christmas in south style.
- For more, stop by River Street to grab any last-minute gifts. Take a tour on one of Savannah’s famous trolleys which will be decked out in holiday decor this time of year. Consider yourself to be lucky if you spot dolphins at Tybee Island in the afternoon.
- Orlando, a city in central Florida is the perfect definition of magical holidays, it is counted to be home to more than a dozen theme parks, you’ll find everything decorated out in lights and holiday finery.
- Chief among its claims to fame is Walt Disney World, comprised of parks like the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, as well as water parks. Another major destination, Universal Orlando, offers Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter straddling both.
- Universal Studios is just as magical as its mouse-eared neighbour. If you’ve ever dreamed of seeing the Macy’s Day Parade in New York City, you’re in luck, you can see a version of it during the holidays at Universal Orlando.
- At the Magic Kingdom, Cinderella’s Castle is dripping in icicle lights and Mickey and Minnie march down Main Street U.S.A. during Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Experience holiday beliefs, décor, and cuisine from around the world at Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays.
- If you are a Harry Potter fan you will love rambling into the zig-zag streets of Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade while tasting the butterbeer.
San Antonio, Texas
- If you are willing to avoid heavy coats, pullovers, jammy pants in the month of chilli December then San Antonio is the perfect destination for you. San Antonio is a major city in south-central Texas with a rich colonial heritage. The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission conserved as a museum, indicates an infamous 1836 battle for Texan independence from Mexico. Following the San Antonio River, the miles-long River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafes and shops in the holiday spot for December.
- Due to San Antonio’s warm nature, regional theme parks are permitted year-round including Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
- Do not forget about the La Gran Tamalada that offers the opportunity to make the favorite local holiday food in Historic Market Square.
- With over 100,000 lights and more than 185 different caroling groups, it’s hard not to get in the holiday spirit.
Santa Monica, California
- Santa Monica is a coastal city west of downtown Los Angeles. Santa Monica Beach is fringed by Palisades Park, with views over the Pacific Ocean. he average December temperature in Santa Monica is around 64 degrees.
- Santa Monica Pier is home to the Pacific Park amusement park, historic Looff Hippodrome Carousel and Santa Monica Pier Aquarium.
- In the cold month of December, you can enjoy Ice skate at this coastal land. Not only this you get to relish the lights of the “Candle Light Walk” and how can you not go shopping in Santa Monica Shopping Cart Tree at Edgemar Courtyard, and find some great deals at sidewalk sales.
- Kailua-Kona is on the west side of the Big Island. Slightly warmer than Honolulu, it has an average high of 81˚F in January and about a couple of days to rain.
- Kona is also famous for its deep-sea fishing, hosting the International Billfish Tournament every year. And on land, don’t forget to travel to the cooler upland slopes of town like Holualoa, where you can sample the distinctive flavors of 100% Kona coffee, which is what Kona is famous for.
- Since you’re likely to get a ton of sunny days, it’s the perfect place to kick back and soak up some rays before you go home and are back to covering every inch of skin from the cold once again.
- There are many activities available for outdoor enthusiasts such as you will love the volcano tours, boat tours, surfing spots, and snorkelling.
- Honolulu is well known as one of the best winter sun destinations for many reasons, one of them being its famous fish tacos. Make reservations early as this is also a big wave season in Waikiki.
- Honolulu, on the island of Oahu’s south shore, is the capital of Hawaii and gateway to the U.S. island chain. The Waikiki neighborhood is its center for fine dining, nightlife, and shopping, famed for its iconic crescent beach backed by palms and high-rise hotels, with volcanic Diamond Head crater looming in the distance. Sites relating to the World War II attack on Pearl Harbor include the USS Arizona Memorial.
- As you know it is enclosed by the sea, Santa chooses to come on a surfboard rather than a sleigh on the island of Oahu.
- You can also use the telescopes at the Makappu Lighthouse if you want to spot whales in the sea. Get an amazing experience of a historical tour of Pearl Harbor and also an outdoor fun person can enjoy snorkeling.
Beaufort, South Carolina
- There’s not a single moment to regret in Beaufort is a city on Port Royal Island, one of South Carolina’s coastal Sea Islands. Beautifully carved for its antebellum mansions, especially in the downtown historic district.
- A notable example is the John Mark Verdier House Museum, an early-1800s Federal-style mansion, with period furniture and exhibits on area history.
- Situated on a prime location that you can not only visit the larger cities nearby but also be a part of small-town Christmas celebrations down in the south. Have fun in the warm weather with an average temperature of 60 degrees in December.
- Enjoy all water sports in Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park overlooks the Beaufort River and the Woods Memorial Bridge.
New Orleans, Louisiana
- New Orleans is a Louisiana city on the Mississippi River, near the Gulf of Mexico. Nicknamed the “Big Easy,” it’s known for its round-the-clock nightlife, vibrant live-music scene and spicy, singular cuisine reflecting its history as a melting pot of French, African and American cultures.
- This beautiful warm city is full of fun and is an amazing experience for fun holidays. Embodying its festive spirit is Mardi Gras, the late-winter carnival famed for raucous costumed parades and street parties.
- You will absolutely get fond of Christmas celebrations in New Orleans. Take a water ride or boat trip along the Mississippi, also do not forget to try vintage streetcar ride and devour tasty Creole dishes.
- Miami is counted to be one of the best vacation spots in the world.
- It’s best known for its gorgeous white sand beaches, you can find one of the country’s biggest skiing clubs in Miami Beach.
- Miami is also known as diver’s paradise, “Wreckreational Diving Capital of the World,” its waters boast 50 different underwater wreck sites for SCUBA enthusiasts to explore.
- It is the month of December and how can you complete your trip without visiting the world’s largest holiday theme park and carnival Santa’s Enchanted Forest.
- As you know the temperatures in December are cooler in Miami than most any other time of year, it’s the perfect time to stroll along the beautiful Art Deco District in South Beach.
Palm Springs, California
- You can actually count it as an oasis in the desert. Palm Springs has been a popular winter resort destination for Hollywood celebrities since the 1920s and continues to attract all kinds of tourists today. The peaceful scenery and warm weather give the place a relaxing holiday ambiance, while golf courses, gourmet restaurants, and interesting museums give visitors plenty to do.
- Just outside of Palm Springs are incredible hiking trails at Mount San Jacinto and Indian Canyons.
- As the weather is cooling enough to be outdoor during the middle of the day, farmer’s markets, festivals, art walks, and street fairs abound.
- Palm Springs hosts many cultural events throughout the year, one of the most popular events is Modernism Week that celebrates mid-century modern architecture and design, which is well portrayed in buildings throughout Palm Springs.
- Visitors to the park can experience camping, hiking, and climbing, Joshua Tree National Park is named this because of the Joshua trees that are native to the park. The area is a designated wilderness and encompasses two very different deserts.
- If you’re really in the mood for a white Christmas, there’s a chance you’ll find it just a short tram ride away atop the nearby San Jacinto Mountains.
- Houston is a large metropolis in Texas, extending to Galveston Bay. It is also associated with the Space Center Houston, the coastal visitor center at NASA’s astronaut training and flight control complex.
- This is one of the reasons for you to Visit Texas and December can be your month of flare time.
- The city’s relatively compact Downtown includes the Theater District, home to the renowned Houston Grand Opera, and the Historic District, with 19th-century architecture and upscale restaurants.
- Houston is a great place to take a break from winter by loafing encompassing in lawns and wandering around the city without having anxiety about bundling up. You must seize the seat on a porch while you savour some TexMex.
- Austin is not only the state capital of Texas but also an amazing place loaded with cool activities and fun stuff to do especially in winters.
- Austin lays claim to be the live music hub of the world. There are interesting museums, shopping amenities and cultural pursuits are worthy enough to spend your quality.
- You will have great fun in a high of about 62˚F (16°C) in Austin. That might not be hot enough to go swimming in Hamilton Pool, but it’s perfectly comfortable to go out and experience Austin’s live music scene.
- Inspire your journey to Texas with the list of top Austin attractions, sightseeing destinations, tours, museums, and other things to do in Austin that both locals and visitants treasure.
San Jose, California
- A cool Californian City surrounded by mountains and accented by Spanish colonial architecture. Is one of the great attractions to be counted in your list of December holidays.
- San Jose is a large city surrounded by rolling hills in Silicon Valley, a major technology hub in California’s Bay Area. Architectural landmarks, from the 1883 Italianate-style Oddfellows building to Spanish Colonial Revival structures, make up the downtown historic district.
- The downtown area is also home to the Tech Museum of Innovation, devoted to the exploration of science and technology. This beautiful land is a must-visit for you if you are planning your holidays in December.
December is the month of winter and is well known for the cool destination, but many time it happens that you are willing to enjoy the winter without getting sneezy, well this article is a solution to all your winter holidays problem. The marked down destinations are best suited for your amazing winter holidays including Maui, Los Angeles, Austin, Mexico, Tulum and many more. Comment below and let us know what is your preference of location this December?