Your wanderlust does not allow you to settle down for a limited location. But your pocket is not permitting you to travel the world. Here is the guide on how to travel cheap without harming your budget.
The First Step of How To Travel Cheap is To Prioritize
- Budget traveling is necessary and also a hobby for many people. There are many hacks that you need to know to travel the world cheaply.
- Make your planning before leaving and that can help you to travel the world without a doubt of losing money like what would be the best time to travel on a budget? How to find the cheapest flights? What are the ways to save money on transportation? How to spend less money on accommodation? How to spend less on visiting attractions? From where to find good and cheap eatables? How to enjoy the most of your budget travel? How to earn money while you travel? Well this is the article with all the answers to your question.
Budgeting With The Best Time or Off-season Traveling.
- Whenever you plan your traveling the timing is most important. Traveling off-season can be 3-4 times cheaper than in the time when everybody has holidays.
- Many of the tour travelers experienced that off-season traveling was pocket-friendly.
- Do not fix your destination try to be flexible as the timing of your vacation is the biggest money saver of all.
- Many people only want to travel to a destination during high season, but choosing to travel on shoulder season instead is a much better decision if concerned with budgeting.
- Off-season traveling will not only provide cheap airfare costs but hotel prices will be more competitive and places will be less crowded.
- You cannot deny that though you crave peak season you are not able to enjoy it as it becomes so crowded, avoid peak season. Spring is usually a good time to travel in most of the places.
- Don’t be rigid with your decision getting guidance from the local people can save your money and time. As they have much knowledge about that place, so you need some flexibility.
- You do not want to be surrounded by the crowd and not able to enjoy the feel of destination, so off-season traveling can help you out with space.
- Plan your travel in such a way that you visit places during the off-season. This way you can save a lot on flights and hotels as you are sure to get off-season discounts.
- And on the top of that crowd is minimized so you can have an enjoyable travel experience. You can leisurely spend time and it can be an immersive experience.
- Try to follow the rule of first or last as booking in advance can save your money and if you are getting a good deal can be beneficial in your budgeting.
- Focus on discounts, offer and cheap rates before booking but Book everything in advance or at the last moment, as the prices then are the lowest. Some tours from big travel agencies have great discounts if you book on the last day.
Get Cheap Airfare
- The largest travel expenses are usually transportation and accommodation. We will help you to save money on both. Here are the travel tips to find cheap airfare:
- Hunt for ‘error fares’, flight deals, and vacation package deals: you could sign-up to e-mail alerts on flight search websites so you’ll be notified when the price becomes cheaper for your particular trip.
- Opt for the local budget airlines that are well-known in your destination since they often have added promos on top of their cheap fares.
- Subscribe to websites that regularly post-error fares and crazy flight deals for any given period.
- According to the study it is observed that on average 6 weeks ahead is the time you will get the best deals on flights. But, book much earlier if you plan to pay with frequent flyer miles as flights fill up.
- Try searching flight on the different systems as results can be different on different computers, different locations, browsers and so on.
- There are so many ways to earn free flights these days. Sign up for a few travel credit cards, collect miles, and then fly for free
Eating Good and Cheap
- It is very clear that no matter how much you travel you cannot keep yourself hungry to find anything cheap.
- Planning your dining near main attractions can be costly and food quality may differ.
- Looking at your budget it is recommended that try to do what locals do.
- Rather than choosing tourist-filled restaurants that serve up mediocre Western food, go to the local spots that serve up authentic meals.
- Choosing authentic restaurants can be beneficial as the food will be fresh due to the busy ambiance.
- Eating locally whenever possible can be helpful and it is inevitably cheaper, not to mention a much more authentic experience.
- Trying exotic and lavish can be your choice and that can be done whenever you have a good hand of money but when you want to travel and save at the time try to eat Simple food as it not only saves money but also ensures you stay fit during travel as sickness is the worst
- If you stay in a hostel or an apartment, you have a kitchen to cook your meals. You can enjoy local cuisine and wine bought from a nearby supermarket, which will save you lots of money. You don’t have to cook every meal because it is good to enjoy local delicacies, but cooking even one meal a day and save you a lot of expenditure.
- Don’t eat food near famous tourist attractions because everything will be expensive there. Find a few locals and tell them to suggest to you where to eat. Eating where the locals eat is always cheaper.
- Restaurants on the main thoroughfare will always tend to be more expensive.
- Never pay for breakfast at the hotel, which can be very expensive. Instead, go and buy a bag of bagels, croissants or similar from a nearby grocery and make our breakfast.
- Make the best for budget travel.
- If you are a travel person then you must be aware of the importance of even a single penny.
Save on Transport
- You spend a lot of money when it comes to transportation as it is one of the big travel expenses.
- If you have chosen a location which does not allow you to stay in one place for a longer period, these tips will help you to travel cheaply.
- If you want to travel to a different city for free, go hitch-hiking. Hitch-hiking is a free way to get around that is relatively safe and quite common in many parts of the world, including Central America, Eastern Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Scandinavia. Though many countries do not practice this as it can be dangerous and risky. It depends on you if you want to go for hitch-hiking or else you can go for car sharing. It is advised that, don’t hitch-hike alone, better go with your friend.
- You can use car-sharing services local as well as international the fact about car sharing is that it is safer than hitch-hiking, as you see reviews and other information about the driver, and easier to plan.
- Though trains are more expensive there are opportunities to spend less on them.
- In Germany, there is a weekend ticket for 40 Euros if you travel alone + 4 Euros for each next person (up to 4) to travel through the whole of Germany using regional trains.
- Eurail is amazing for experiencing train as they follow a system where you can buy a pass to travel through any number of European countries on trains, they permit you even sleep in trains. Try this only if you feel comfortable
- Try familiarizing yourself with public transportation options that can save a lot of money over taking taxis,
- Try to stay in a location which is most prominent for you to travel and distance can be covered by walking.
- You can find good accommodation in the city center so that you have to spend less money on public transportation, covering the main attractions through the walk. It is not necessary to get an expensive one, cheap hostels in the center are available.
Cheap Accommodation – Money-saving Mode
- Try Couch-surfing & enjoy the hospitality of local people and live their culture first hand.
- This can be the most enriching experience in your life.
- You can save a lot of money in lodging correct in different ways.
- There are hostels, camps, inns, hotels and so on. Couch-surfing is a wonderful opportunity to see the world and meet amazing people. With no cost for lodging. Other free lodging opportunities include house-sitting, house swapping, and being a caretaker.
- Hostels are a great option for traveling the world cheaply. You can stay in the biggest Western cities sharing a room with other people for just 8-15 Euros. It is one of the great options for solo travelers also, as you can easily meet new people and continue traveling together.
- If you are staying in one place for a long time, you should consider renting an apartment for a month. It can be cheaper than 2 weeks in a hotel.
- Airbnb is also a great and inexpensive option to stay in a new place living like a local.
Spending Less on Experiencing a New Place
- When you travel or go on holiday you don’t want to stay in your hotel room. You crave for main attractions but in popular touristic cities, the most famous attractions are often very crowded and very expensive
- Ask the locals for advice. As you know well that being localities they have much knowledge which can be utilized for your benefit.
- They should be able to direct you to moderately priced authentic restaurants. They can also send you to destinations that are not as well known.
- Local Tourism Bureau is a good option while visiting new places, ask for some information about convenient places. This will help to visit new interesting locations not known by many people and usually the accommodation will be cheaper.
- Be flexible as you know that once you ask about the information you get the whole new plan from the people so don’t be rigid in visiting.
- FREE stuff or activities which do not cost you a lot of money should be the priority that you can do.
Get City Tourist Cards
- If you are planning to go to a lot of sights seeing in a city, you should get a city tourism card. These will offer you discounted and/or free access to the major attractions and museums, as well as free public transportation.
- Many sites connect travelers with locals who are willing to let them stay with them for FREE. Using these sites, you will never have to pay for accommodation. Go for city passes that are a great option as that not only gives you free and discounted access to various activities but it could also give you free rides for your destination’s public transportation.
- Apart from city passes, make sure that you research online the FREE things that you can do gather information from the locals about the free stuff.
- There are many things you can experience such as free walking tours, free festivals, free concerts, free museum days, and so on.
- There are also local Couch-surfing group meet-ups that can help you make friends in your new city
Never Forget to Enjoy Your Budget Travel Experience.
- Traveling in the budget is essential as you know very well that this doesn’t just save money on transport costs, but you can get better accommodation deals when you stay somewhere longer
- You also get better at working out the cheap eating deals and have time to cook your meal.
- Local is always a beneficiary option you don’t stay with them and the reason why they know much more than you about the particular place.
- Find the best panoramic points and stay there to relax or meditate. Prepare your Searches in forums for the best places to visit apart from most popular tourist attractions.
How to Earn Money While You Travel?
- Isn’t it exciting that you can travel and earn at the same time? This could be a fun experience get yourself ready with amazing ideas of earning while traveling.
- You can earn money by working in hostels. Many hostels are searching for people to work for food and accommodation or a small salary. You can work at the reception, as a barman, waitress, you can organize different events.
- You can work as a tour guide or walking Tour Company, go to hostels, and ask people if they want a free walking tour, pay a fixed amount for each person and get tips at the end of the tour. These types of companies also organize pub crawls, when you visit several bars/clubs for a fixed price.
- If you are traveling for the long term you can work as a Volunteer while you travel to save money on your living costs.
- In this digital era, it is boon to work from any place in the world having just your laptop and internet connection. There are freelancer villages in cheap and exotic countries. Freelancers earn good money for their work and spend less than in their home countries.
- There are various opportunities to earn money while traveling: summer camps, farms, resorts that you can find on the internet.
- Keep money in different currencies and different forms: credit and debit cards, cash, online wallets like PayPal or WebMoney.
Be a Social Bee
- These days, the social network is playing a major role in your life, you can connect to the friends and family that stretches across the globe. Utilize your connectivity, ask your co-workers and friends if they know anyone where you’re going.
- This will help you to not only find accommodation but also an opportunity to find free accommodation but you’ll get to interact with a local and pick their brain about the destination, giving you a more in-depth experience. Social media is one place that can give you connectivity and ideas altogether.
Traveling is fun if it’s pocket-friendly. It’s never too late or too early to plan a reasonable holiday. While going through the article you might have got the idea that it is so much amazing to travel in budget and how much can be saved. This guide contains all the possible instincts you can utilize for a budget-friendly traveling. Comment below and let us know what you planning will you implement in your next adventurous travel diaries.