Greece is a majestic and beautiful land to keep you speechless to boast about its beauty. Must say that Greek gods have devised this land with absolute perfection. Greece is a tourist place that has untouched beauty and maximum places to visit. There are beautiful landscapes and sceneries which will leave you bewildered. This fairytale destination never makes you any moment regret while visiting, be it any season, any month Greece never fails to impress. Whether being inspiring ancient ruins, whitewashed villages, sunny beaches, tasty cuisine and compatriot atmosphere. Greece being one of the top travel destinations of Europe lives up to its expectation after all everything is just so beautiful here. You can cherish its beauty on the many scattered islands, lying like little gems in the seas surrounding the Grecian peninsula.
Here are a few of the many inspiring places to visit in Greece that must be on your itinerary when you’re booking Europe tour packages. Must have a look to make your vacation more tempting.
Athens – Duo of Ancient and Modernism
- A gorgeous capital of Greece popularly known as the heart of Ancient Greece, a powerful civilization and empire. The city is still dominated by 5th-century BC landmarks, including the Acropolis, a hilltop citadel topped with ancient buildings like the colonnaded Parthenon temple.
- Athens became immediately popular after the 2004 Olympics and became one of the preferential places to visit in Greece. This ancient city of Athens got modernized with time and is recognized by its modern subways, immaculate roads, well-manicured meadows, remarkable turnpikes, and adorable souls.
- This great alliance city of chronicles and modern subway boasts about stunning modern architecture including striking historical monuments. How can you forget the pillars of the Acropolis to the Temple of Zeus?
- Amazingly attractive Athens has a lot offer in terms of attraction such as the striking panoramas from Mount Lycabettus, colossal ruins at the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the ancient Greek temple of Erechtheum, hills of the Ancient Agora, historical neighborhoods of Plaka, Beautiful flowers at National Gardens, precious artifacts at New Acropolis Museum.
- If that is not enough you can experience the luxurious stay at many sumptuous resorts in Hotel Grande Bretagne, Hotel King George Athens and many more.
Chania Town – Venetian Harbor
- Chania is a city situated in the northwest coast of the Greek island of Crete. The town of Chania is famous for its Venetian harbor and the old borough with its winding lanes satisfied with bougainvillaea and jasmine. Chania is appreciated for traditional leathercraft, and not that much there is excellent boutiques for island-friendly fashions and crafts.
- Well known for its 14th-century Venetian harbor, precarious streets and waterfront restaurants just at the harbor entrance you get to see the 16th-century lighthouse with Venetian, Egyptian and Ottoman influences. just on the opposite side the Nautical Museum has model ships, naval objects, and photographs. The former monastery of St. Francis houses the Archaeological Museum of Chania.
- Many dearness spouses and couples adore staring off into the sea while embracing each other affectionately.
- Do not miss out these vibrant attractions like Colorful boats and old architecture at the Old Venetian Harbor, beautifully manicured Botanical Park, artifacts at Chania Archaeological Museum, the popular landmark of Chania Venetian Lighthouse, a remarkable display of Greek architecture Ancient Aptera, the exciting Iguana Beach, the golden sand of Agii Apostoli Beach, the mystical Topolia Gorge, the extraordinary Venetian Fortress and much more.
Santorini – Active Volcanoes
- This is one of the Cyclades islands in the Aegean Sea and was overwhelmed by a volcanic eruption in the 16th century BC, ceaselessly shaping its rugged landscape. With the whitewashed, cubiform houses of its 2 principal towns, Fira and Oia, cling to cliffs above an underwater caldera this land has a lot to offer. In fact, they overlook the sea, small islands to the west and beaches made up of black, red and white lava cobblestones.
- Santorini a volcanic island in the Cyclades group of the Greek island is the iconic land and is positioned between Ios and Anafi islands. Mainly popular for highly dramatic views, marvellous sunsets from Oia town, the strange white aubergine, the town of Thira and naturally it’s very own active volcano. The houses and hotels are built on cliffs which add the appeal of the place. Undoubtedly, Santorini is counted in one of the best places to visit in Greece.
- Probably one of the most well-known places to visit in Greece, Santorini can be considered as the gem of the Aegean. Several people are attracted and drawn to the beauty of this island every year and leave knowing that there is nowhere else like it.
- From its volcanic beaches and whitewashed houses to its incredible sunsets and scenery, Santorini is most definitely one of the best places to visit in Greece.
- Do not forget the phenomenal legendary beauty along with its intimate cells and tiny bistros. There are several ancient monasteries, churches, cathedrals, monuments, and buildings which define the beauty of the place.
- There is number of beauty to cherish such as Bella Aurora & Thalassa cruise, views from Skaros Rock, sunsets at Amoudi Bay, exhibits at Museum of Prehistoric Thera, murals at Lignos Folklore Museum, sailing experience at Santorini, thrill of Fira Hiking Trail, wine-tasting tours at Santo Winery, rocky sand at Perissa Beach, beauty of Santorini Volcano, and ruins of Ancient Thera.
Hersonissos – Ancient Temple
- One of the most popular places to visit in Greece is Hersonissos, an old port town.
- The vicinity of Hersonissos is noted for its prehistoric archaeological discoveries. On the coast, roughly one kilometer to the east of Hersonissos was an ancient temple devoted to the goddess Britomartis.
- With amusement parks, pearly sand beaches, intriguing museums, ancient ruins, and local shopping hubs to explore this amazing location is perfect for a family vacation. Hersonissos is also known for its fresh and succulent seafood. The beauty of this land lies in its simplicity.
- There are enormous attractions worth visiting such as Seaworld at Aquaworld Aquarium & Reptile Rescue Centre, exhibits at Lychnostatis Open Air Museum, stunning horses at Arion Stables, rides at Star Beach Water Park, Exceptional Labyrinth Theme Park, unnatural Cave Of Zeus, captivating Cretan Farm, and peaceful Vrontisi Monastery
Rethymnon – Old Venetian Town
- Counted as one of the best-preserved old towns in Crete and city’s Venetian-era citadel, the Fortezza of Rethymno, is also one of the best-preserved castles in Crete. Other monuments include the Neratze mosque, the Great Gate (Μεγάλη Πόρτα or “Porta Guora”), the Piazza Rimondi and the Loggia.
- To experience the magic of romance take your time in exploring the serene waterfalls. The extraordinary Cave Church of St Anthony Gorge also worth spending time in order to understand peace. While enjoying the beautiful marinas, relish the appetizing fresh feta, moistened with olive oil and local herbs.
- The charms of Rethymnon Old Town, peace of Divine Monastery of Arkadi, The Venetian Fortezza, serenity at Moni Preveli Monastery, vibrant Venetian Harbor, wooden crafts at Museum of Wooden Sculptures, arms and ammunition display at Rethymno Military Museum, beautiful Rimondi Fountain, and the popular St Anthony George are the major attractions of this old Venetian town.
Tsilivi – A Resort Town
- The golden Greek beach town located at Zakynthos island is mesmerizing with its beauty and tidiness is what you should appreciate and also the reason to visit this miniature land.
- Venetian beacon at the northern point is excellent to overlook the city and get familiarised with the awestruck history of the place.
- Tsilivi is a place for a sports enthusiast providing you with an opportunity for surfing, parasailing, sunbathing and luxuriating in gourmet meals.
- Being on such an amazing resort place you should definitely not miss Fun rides at Tsilivi Waterpark, games at Fantasy Mini Golf, ceramic displays at Adamieion Ceramic Art Studio, boat tour to the Gorge, bowling game at Bowl’m Over, and horseback riding at Athina & Dennis Horse Riding Centre.
Apokoronas – Bread Baking & Cheese Tasting
When you talk about lush greenery and immaculate cerulean water, Apokoronas is the place you are looking for. Majorly known for its bread baking and cheese tasting guided tours. The frothy water beaches are beautifully carved for neurotic kids and non-swimmers to enjoy the water sports. Though being one of the most less talked attractions in Greece, Apokoronas still has the magnificent power to attract you towards it, offering the ecstasy of a tranquil and serene vacation.
Though, it is a small place yet has lot to offer to a tourist such as Stunning Lake Kournas, happening Kalivaki Beach, fun cooking lessons in Vamos, beautiful Agios Nikolaos Church, wellness treatments at Georgioupolis Beauty & Massage Wellness Center, the lively Ombros Gialos Beach, artifacts at Folklore Museum, and mysterious Samonas Cave. This beauty is perfect to understand the land of nature.
Crete – Greece Largest Island
- Crete being the largest island Greece is known for its varied terrain, which ranges from fine-sand beaches at Elafonisi to the White Mountains. Mountain Ida is the tallest of the range, is home to the Ideon Cave, which was the birthplace of Zeus, according to Greek mythology.
- Heraklion being the capital is the residence to the renowned Heraklion Archaeological Museum, housing Minoan artifacts, and Knossos, a Bronze Age settlement.
- Crete is a spacious land of contrasting landscapes expansive coastlines, rolling mountains, lush greenery, and rocky terrains. There are quiet villages as well as bustling metropolitans and your trip to Greece is incomplete without visiting Greece. The beauty of this amazing island is limitless and also one of the safest places to visit in Greece.
- If you are not satisfied by its gorgeous beauty than do not worry this majestic land has a lot to offer such as Elafonissi Beach, charming White Mountains, intense azure water at Balos Lagoon, artifacts at Heraklion Archaeological Museum, the wilderness of Spinalonga, Samaria Gorge National Park, sunset at Falassarna Beach, amicable serene Monastery of Arkadi, wine tasting tours at Manousakis Winery, shacks at Stalis Beach, and sumptuous Palace of Knossos.
Nafplio – Diversity Of Tendings
- Nafplio is a small historic town with a backdrop of a beautiful castle which is lit up perfectly in an evening. The square is full of tavernas & whilst a little more expensive than the cobbled side street eateries it’s a fabulous place to watch the world go by.
- Nafplio has been developed by a diversity of tendings over the ages with a playground of Athens elite. While visiting you can explore the marks of the Ottomans, Byzantines, and Venetians on the architecture and the cuisines.
- Do not miss out seaport the most beautiful and romantic boroughs of Greece. Originally the first capital of Greece, this is where you will learn the history of Greece in the most unique manner.
- Get mesmerized with the beauty of Bourtzi Fortress which offers unimaginable illustrations of the ancient town.
- How can you forget to explore the Palamidi Fortress where you will have to climb up 900 steps but the remarkable panorama from the peak, make all the effort worth it.
- Take a long walk through the streets of the town where you will find the most fascinating house which gives an illusion of you exploring Italy.
Corfu – Greece’s Emerald Island
- Corfu is known as Greece’s emerald island because Corfu is one of the lushest islands in Greece consists of more than 2 million olive trees on the island of Corfu adding to its lushness and the food tables.
- Corfu is an attractive island off Greece’s northwest coast in the Ionian Sea, is defined by steep mountains and a resort-studded shoreline also it’s cultural heritage exhibits years spent under Venetian, French and British rule before it was united with Greece in 1864. Corfu Town is known and flanked by 2 imposing Venetian fortresses, features winding medieval lanes, a French-style arcade and the grand Palace of St. Michael and St. George.
- It seems to be in heaven on this island, as it has a lot to offer like beaches and amazing greenery. If that much is not enough then have a sunbath on the beach, it offers an enormous collection of activities like an olive tasting tour or a tour to the ancient monastery.
- Apart from that, this green land has amazing things to include in your bucket list such as Gorge at Agni Bay is one little gem which you should not miss during your visit to the island.
- Vlacherna Monastery is an outstanding tourist attraction in the thorp. You will be awestruck by the beauty of nightlife of Sidari on Corfu Island. Then, there is also the old fort of Corfu which is a relic worth seeing. How can you not visit exciting Cape Drastis on the northerly apex of the island?
As you already know that the beauty of Greece makes you speechless. This mesmerizing land is full of historical wonders and has mythicism which explains the historical time very cleverly. Greece offers you a combination of nature, history, and literature. Greece being paradise on Earth has each and everything to offer. This Mediterranean country not only popular as a family destination, but hold its root strongly as a honeymoon destination as well. If you are planning your amazing vacation in Greece and not able to figure out what to visit and when? Then this article is the solution to all the queries raising in your mind. Comment below and let us know which one of these tourist places in Greece has made it to your special bucket list of the year 2020?