The chill temperature and darker skies are here, what do you need at this time of the year? It is the best place to travel in October. Shoetravel.com has come up with some of those destinations that will keep you warm and bring abundant activities with warm weather.
You have a whole guide to prepare for an adventure on your next vacation. Rest assured, we have something for every kind of tourist in stock. Just scroll down and take your pick. The coming destinations are most suitable as the best places to travel in October.
Western Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills
Are you missing out on the peace and relaxing beauty of lush green mountains? The Litchfield Hills are your answer. If you are still in doubts then we want you to consider the top destinations of Western Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills.
It is counted as the best places to travel in October as per the worthwhile atmosphere of the city. You will get to explore the unique adventures of the city and rich heritage at important landmarks of the United States.
- Lake Waramaug: one of the great places at Litchfield Hills where you have multiple adventures from canoeing to boating to hiking. Get a guide to having a smooth trip.
- Arethusa Dairy: Now is the time to grab a bite and get good flavors from popular barbecue, cupcakes and various others.
- Campbell Falls: watch a waterfall on your vacation to Litchfield hills, treat your eyes with green mountains and scenic landscapes. Hiking is the most common activity which is also safe for any age group.
The Berkshires in Massachusetts
This place belongs to the artists, they get inspired and admire the beauty of wonderful locations. Along with nurturing the beauty of Berkshires, you are welcome to be a part of music festivals that will grab your heart.
Various museums are preserved in Berkshire that showcases the century-old history and some of them are worthy to visit. You may also get a theatre festival if you are lucky enough to book the tickets on time.
- MASS MoCA, North Adams, Massachusetts: it is one of those museums that demands one visit to know its unique environment and decor. While you can take a glance at their website here but a live view is a treat to eyes.
- Tanglewood Music Festival, Lenox, Massachusetts: you need to have a front seat of this music festival as it is counted as the highlight of your vacation at Berkshire. Book in advance.
- Naumkeag, Stockbridge, Massachusetts: while adventures are a part of Berkshire but the breathtaking beauty is never-ending and Naumkeag is one of those destinations. Here you will find various artists to get inspiration.
- Additional places to visit, Monument Mountain (near Lenox, Massachusetts), Herman Melville’s Arrowhead in Lenox, MA, The Berkshire Mountains, and much more.
Adirondacks, New York
What is assured while visiting Adirondacks, unforgettable scenic landscapes and breathtaking adventures? You must be wondering why? Adirondacks is a 5 million years old mountain and that makes it one of its kind.
Adirondacks are covered with 3000 bodies of water and 2000 miles of walking, which is probably one of the reasons that confuse any traveler to plan a vacation. But not now you can plan a vacation easily by reading below.
- Lake Placid Olympic Center: get a kickstart and explore various activities at one destination of Adirondacks. Here you can experience ski adventures, jumping towers and much more.
- White Mountain: it is a popular destination for road trips around new york city. You can not miss the scenic view from 1450 meters above sea level at the peak and watching the lake placid from the white mountains.
- Ausable Chasm in Au Sable: it is a worthwhile location to get thrilling adventures and plan a family day out. The adventure trail is an ideal spot for adults and older children.
- Revolution rail: Every vacation is incomplete without a visit to this rail, you would love to just google it and get a virtual view of the rail. It is sufficient to make Adirondacks as your next vacation.
Black Hills of South Dakota
The western parts of South Dakota are growing into a popular destination for tourists with Black hills as the number one choice and The Badlands as the second choice. You can also explore each of the destinations on your vacation.
Also, one of the great locations to hop on at a four-wheeler and escape on the longest road trip to these beautiful parts of South Dakota. There is much a lot to do from river valley to castle trails to Fort Hays Old West Town & Dinner Show. Read the list Of best places to travel in October at Black Hills.
- Mount Rushmore: you may not want to skip it because every time you visit this destination, it gets better. You can explore a tramway ride and thunder gold mines, just to add some thrill.
- Custer State Park: most thrilling adventure for any kind of traveler with a popular spot for camping, open 24/7 for tourists. It is spread across the area of 70000 acres that has lakes, fishing trails, wildlife loop roads and much more.
- Wind Cave National Park: it is the time that you experience the abundant wildlife creatures present at the Black Hills. The intricate rock formations are one of the unique decors to have a look at. Take a guided tour to explore its wholesomeness.
- Additional places, Jewel Cave National Monument, Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway, Pactola lake, Deadwood, Lead, and various others.
It is a hidden gem in the Cascade Mountains that merely gets its place for what it’s worth. Well known as a road trip destination and most of the tourists would not want to miss while being on a vacation in Seattle.
With just 2000 people in the whole city, you can very well understand that it is a small town but you may not know what it has to offer. The Oktoberfest takes the highlight and this is the reason why it is among the best places to travel in October.
- Stevens Pass Resort: A skiing adventure will offer you a great time to learn something new or relive your old memories. The resort has the first-class facilities for skiing for any kind of group.
- Snowboarding: you can even go snowboarding while being at the Leaf worth during October. You will find various tourists who are just to have this adventure and leave. You can even take lessons and learn.
- Mountain Biking: it is a popular activity for all those who are more inclined towards scenic landscapes and discovering new destinations of the area. You may even cover the whole city in one biking tour.
- Additional things, Icicle Ridge Hike, Sauer Mountain Hike, Colchuck Lake, Scenic Hot Springs, Whitewater Rafting with Wild Water, Go Floating on the River and much more.
Route 100, Vermont
While with the name you can tell, it is a long road with topmost attractions. It is a 216-mile long journey that will take you to various green mountains, villages, and waterfalls. You can explore some of the top locations during your visit.
While enjoying the adventures along the way, don’t forget to try various cuisines. You will find abundant variety but don’t get confused because we have suggested some popular ones in the area. Here is the list of top places to travel in October at Route 100.
- Mount Snow: it is one of the beautiful areas that is a packaged deal for a tourist to get thrilling adventures. You need to be ready with your skiing equipment and a guide to help you out.
- Rawsonville: it is a whole city that is covered with abundant crafts that you can buy or at least have a look to give a treat to your eyes. You will come across with a unique experience.
- Vermont Country Store: it is the one and the only location that is recommended as a must-visit. You will find some hard to find items here. Now if you want to have a look at them then you need to visit it.
- Additional places, Okemo mountain resort, green mountain sugar house, Killington resort, the Rochester cafe and much more.
Door County, Wisconsin
This one is the historical site where you can explore a dose of history with a touch of adventures at some corners of the city. You can inspire yourself with the unique art and culture of the city. It is an extraordinary work.
While during October you will get a good package of summer and winter activities such as boating, kayaking, fishing, shipwreck diving, and various others. But from where to start? Read below and plan smoothly.
- Beaches: why are beaches written here? It has around 53 beaches to explore and have fun. Don’t worry that you are visiting in October. The relaxing atmosphere and good wind can only be explored in October.
- Green Bay: you need to consider this place because, during October, it becomes the most beautiful location. You can start fishing and catch some unique species of fishes. Book a stay around the green bay to get breathtaking views.
- Egg Harbour: well there are various things to do at the harbor but the orchards golf course is the most recommended location to experience golfing adventures. It is a scenic golf course with first-class facilities.
- Additional things, Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding, hiking, biking, camping, horseback riding and much more.
The highest peak of Vermont is the best location that you can ever experience and besides this peak, there is a great resort to stay or just explore its activities. This resort is a mountain resort that is booked whole year round so you need to book in advance.
While visiting the peaks and getting the best hotel stays. We also want to recommend the best of the recreational activities that you can explore at Stowe. You need to get guided tours so that you can enjoy it to the fullest. Here is a short plan.
- Vermont ski and snowboarding museum: it is the highest crowded museum which ultimately shows its populism all around the united states. As the name suggests you can expect skiing and snowboarding adventures.
- Stoweflake mountain: one caution; you are going to blow your mind here. The various things that you can draw hot air ballooning, a relaxing spa, and resort. You can also stay in this area.
- Stowe performing arts: this is the place which will film your evenings. You can book a show and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and some great art shows. You can enjoy it most if booked early.
- Additional things, Von Tape brewery, Boyden valley, sunrise mountain, Lamoille valley, treetop adventures and much more.
It is a small town but one of the favorite cities of travelers, if you want to know why then here is the thing. Starting your day with the beautiful sunrises and a gondola ride is just perfect. Then some recreational fun in the city.
Apart from the early morning you can also enjoy the nightlife of the city with friendly locals and take part in festivals. The historic architecture and rich history if the city is not much that you can avoid. You can even fund this at every corner of the city. Here are some top things to explore.
- Stillwater bridge: one of the most loved areas of the city, it can not be avoided for anything. It is not only a historic landmark of the united states but also one of those areas where you will love to stand and watch the heights.
- Teddy bear park: with an interesting name, it attracts a lot of children even from the city and tourists are found in tonnes. While it is also known among the best places to travel in October.
- bicycle Adventures: it is the place where you fulfill your desire to add thrill in your vacation. Don’t skip this location for anything because this adventure is very rare to be found.
- Additional things, Brown’s Creek Trail, foodies on foot, Gondola Romantica, Lady Chateau, lift bridge brewing company and much more.
Maple Pass Loop/Lake Ann, Washington
Want to visit the best destination in Washington that offers both, a great view with amazing recreational fun then Lake Ann is your place. You can explore the long 15.3 km trail that has so much to do along the way.
It has various activities such as hiking, biking, wildlife species and various other things to do. You can even plan a day out to nearby destinations such as Maple Pass Loop. It will extend your vacation for about 2-3 days.
- Ice echoing: while visiting the top area of Lake Ann you can explore ice echoes which are so much exciting and worth enjoying with your friends and family.
- Subalpine forest: the foot area of Lake Ann is known as Subalpine forest. It is a huge area where you can even get lost so be sure to have a guide with yourself and enjoy unique areas of the forest.
- Additional things, you can view Artist Point, the Ptarmigan Ridge Trail, and Baker from the top; listen to squeaks of pikas and whistles from marmots and much more.
The Chattanooga has various reasons to be on the list of your vacation. You can get a lot of memories for a lifetime, worth exploring. Just to start with you have ghost tours that will fill excitement to your vacation.
You have a lot more to do in the town apart from encountering a rich history of the city. One thing we would want to recommend is to plan your tours in advance because you can get good deals here. Take a tour through best places to travel in October at Chattanooga.
- Chattanooga zoo; start the fun of your vacation by interacting with some special wildlife creatures on the earth. These are fun to play with and feeding them is much better. You can go for bird watching too.
- Audubon Acres: want to get close with nature? Then you must visit Audibun acres and find yourself between deep forest and waterfalls. It is the perfect time during October. It is among the best places to travel in October.
- Art District: you can’t miss the art district where the beauty begins, here you will find admirable things. You can grab a bite at good restaurants while getting inspired by the artwork.
- Additional things, walk the river, Tennessee Aquarium, lookout mountain, ruby falls, walnut street bridge, climbing in the city and much more.
We hope that you loved the best places to travel in October and found your favorite vacation. If not then don’t forget to read the details of every vacation because it will help you to choose an ideal one.
Here is a tip# While Knowing about the best places to travel in October, be sure that you are almost certain to find a crowd, hence get yourself equipped.
Have you been to the above destinations? How was your experience of the above best places to travel in October? Want to add any destinations? Which things do you want to try? Share your feedback in the comments below.