While going for a vacation especially a first-time traveler always thinks of multiple questions. No need to worry and search for every question. Read below and get all your answers.
While planning a trip, you must consider various things if you are not thinking now. It is time to learn about a vacation in Puerto Rico. What things are important while going on a vacation to Puerto Rico?
The first question that will classify what documents will be required is whether you are a US citizen or not.
Do You Need a Passport To Go To Puerto Rico?
If you are a US citizen then you don’t need a passport to fly to Puerto Rico. Then what do you need? Valid Identity proofs are recommended such as driver’s license or birth certificate. These are not mandatory but may help in case of emergency.
While if you are not a US citizen then you need to carry your passport. Do carry it carefully with yourself. Also, valid identity proofs from your country are recommended but not mandatory.
What are Things That Should be Taken Care of While Carrying a Passport?
While a passport is an important thing not only for non-Americans but also for americans. You may not have to carry a passport in the US but if you are carrying it then you must take care.
Nothing spoils the vacation more than a lost passport. It is better that you follow these travel hacks to keep your passport safe.
- For all the Americans, you don’t need a passport but make sure that you book a direct flight. If not then maybe your flight stops at another country and you need to show your passport to the authorities.
- While carrying a passport make sure that you also carry a soft copy of the documents and place another soft copy at your home.
- Check if your passport is valid or not. It means your passport may be expired so check it’s validity.
- Follow the rule of keeping your passport at a fixed place. It minimizes the possibilities of losing it.
- Use a place which can not be found by other people such as secret pockets. Don’t use easy to find places such as your purse. One place can be a secret pocket in your laptop bag.
- Understand the environment of the city or country you are traveling to. It may be possible that the country is more prone to robbery and theft. You can read about the country’s reports.
- Also, check where you require a passport to be shown to authorities. It may happen, people asking for passports are not even legal and they just fool you.
The Process to Apply For a Passport While Traveling to Puerto Rico.
Being an American or not, a passport is a necessity for all those who travel for vacation. You may need it for future international vacations. Proving your nationality is one more cause of keeping a passport.
- Visit the official website of your country to apply for a passport.
- Acquire the documents required, majorly identity proofs, residential proofs, bank statements and other proofs as per the authorities demand are required
- Fill the application form in online mode or in offline mode through the jurisdictional office
- Reach to the online portal to fill out the passport application form.
- Consent of the guardian and copy of passports are required for a minor application
- Upload the documents after getting them attested to attach with the firm if done through online mode.
- Complete the payment process by paying through proper payment mode online or offline.
- The application will be processed in a few months. Keep in mind to complete the process at least before six months.
- Check the status of your application after one month. Contact the local office if the application takes more than two months.
It is recommended to go through the passport portal of your country. Enquire the procedure and then start the process. You need to finish the same process if your passport is lost accompanied by a complaint to the police.
Additional Queries from Various Travelers
Most of the first time or even those who have visited think about various questions. These are some general that are needed to be well known before you visit Puerto Rico.
Do I Need to Convert Money?
If you are traveling from anywhere around the world except the US then do take care to get your converted money. The currency used in Puerto Rico is the United States Dollar.
You can get your currency converted even in Puerto Rico but it is recommended to get converted from your hometown. It will help you to have money for an emergency. The dollar will make 100 cents in Puerto Rico.
It is important that you get some cash with yourself. At some part of your journeys such as at the airport or various other times, you will require the local currency of Puerto Rico.
What to Do About The Cell Phone or The Sim Network?
For US citizens, it is good news. You don’t need anything because Puerto Rico is just like one more state of the US. WHILE foreign travellers need to take extra care.
Foreign travelers should take care of sim networks. It is recommended to get a prepaid cellular network and cell phone to make it easy. You can directly call 411 to get any assistance.
For calling your home, dial 011 and then your country code and number. You will be connected to your home country.
Which Language is Generally Spoken in Puerto Rico?
English is one of the following languages in Puerto Rico but you may be surprised to know that Spanish is the dominant language in Puerto Rico. 95 percent of the population speaks Spanish.
What would you do if you didn’t know Spanish? Don’t worry because you can get a translator or a tour guide who will speak English. You can go through some of the generally used words in Spanish.
While being in Puerto Rico you will get to know much more Spanish than any other city. It is an addition to your trip and one more reason to visit Puerto Rico.
Perfect Time to Visit Puerto Rico?
Well, April to June is the perfect time to visit Puerto Rico, there are various other seasons to expect special activities in Puerto Rico. Spring is the most cheerful and beautiful time to visit Puerto Rico.
It is recommended to avoid late summertime to plan a tour in Puerto Rico. While the months will give you great joy on your vacation.
Plan your vacation well so as to get the most from your holidays. You will require a guide to Puerto Rico vacation.
What to Expect in Puerto Rico?
Well Puerto Rico is a full fledged complete vacation for your holidays. There is a lot to tell about the vacation. It is a great destination to explore, especially cruises that are the highlights of Puerto Rico.
Visit the guide to know about top things to visit in Puerto Rico.
The above-mentioned guide is all about a Puerto Rico Vacation and takes you to a roller coaster guide by reviewing various places to be explored in Puerto Rico.
If you want to know in detail about the process of applying for a passport for the US or have any query to any authentication of the article then visit the U.S travel website and know for yourself.
This article is updated from US rules and regulations as of February 19, 2020. You can visit the above-mentioned link and update yourself with any amended rules.
Here is a TIP# Get your passport in advance. It is possible that the passport process could take a long time according to your location.
Do you have any queries related to other requirements for your vacation? Want to know more about Puerto Rico? Let us know in the comments.