With so many destinations and beach spots, it is really hard to pick the best beaches for your amazing recreation and holidays. Well do not worry here is the article you are searching for, the amazing handpicked east coast beaches you will definitely adore. Best Known for their family-friendliness, natural beauty, and top-notch attractions, these sandy east coast beaches are perfect for the spring, summer, or fall. Popular spots like Myrtle Beach and Martha’s Vineyard are consistently wanderer preferences, but up-and-comers like Cape May, New Jersey, and South Carolina’s Kiawah Island are sprinkling their charm. From coastal islands like Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard to the East Hampton, New York, here are the best beaches on the East Coast.
Here is a list of Best East Coast Beaches to cherish your amazing beach time.
East Hampton, New York
- The Hamptons in Long Island, New York, have a reputation as a collection of wealthy enclaves with beautiful, private beaches that attract New York City’s wealthiest residents during the summer.
- However, anyone who wants to enjoy some seaside fun in picturesque towns and villages can visit the numerous public beaches in East Hampton and Southampton.
- Designated as the best beach in the country in 2013, Main Beach in East Hampton is famous for its ample stretch of sand plus a snack bar, bathrooms, and lockers. This definitely makes a good position on the best east coast beach list.
Tybee Island, Georgia
- Facing due east, this Georgia barrier island has been a popular vacation spot since the late 1800s. Home to wide, clean beaches with warm and gentle waves, Tybee Island is the perfect escape for those who need a healthy dose of sand, sun and seaside bliss.
- Nature-lovers celebrate on Tybee Island, where Fort Screven, Fort Pulaski, and the Tybee Lighthouse are spectacular attractions with a rich history. Live music permeates from the restaurants and bars.
- Fishermen throw a line off the Tybee Pier & Pavilion while beachgoers relish in the gorgeous Atlantic Ocean views. This east coast beach sunsets and nightlife alone are worth a trip.
Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts
- Martha’s Vineyard is an island, so you’ve got beaches a-plenty! From the calmer waters of the northern shores to the rumbling surf of the south shores, there’s a beach for every type of visitor.
- There are numerous public beaches, but not all beaches are open to the public. Moshup Beach or also known as Aquinnah Beach continues at the coastal island’s western end.
- Crowds swarm Martha’s Vineyard during the summer months, but respite can be found in the Vineyard’s far eastern reaches “up-island,” as it’s known locally, at Moshup Beach.
- The Vineyard has pumped host to popular visitants like Barack Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, David Letterman, Bill Murray, Diane Sawyer and Spike Lee.
- Tucked beneath the infamous Gay Head Cliffs, Moshup Beach is accessible by a 10-minute walking trail, making it an isolated paradise. Locally known as “Hollywood East,” Martha’s Vineyard is one of the more fashionable East Coast beaches. This east coast beach is situated just south of Cape Cod and definitely worth a visit.
Myrtle Beach, Carolina
- Myrtle Beach, a city and vacation resort on South Carolina’s Atlantic coast, is the hub of the Grand Strand, a 60-mile string of beaches. Popularly known for its celebrity-designed golf courses.
- Myrtle Beach is a major tourist destination along the South Atlantic coast of South Carolina. It is widely known for its wide beaches, a large selection of challenging golf links, excellent seafood restaurants, and outlet-style shopping activities.
- Along its beachfront boardwalk are arcades, souvenir stands and restaurants, as well as the old-fashioned Family Kingdom amusement park and the SkyWheel, one of the country’s tallest Ferris wheels.
- The ultimate family vacation destination, Myrtle Beach boasts 60 miles of soft sands, amusement and water parks, live entertainment, world-class golfing, shopping and historical sites.
- Pleasant year-round weather means you can escape the winter doldrums of other East Coast areas. Known for having a vast selection of beautiful vacation homes for rent, Myrtle Beach is a safe bet for an enjoyable—and affordable—family trip.
- The best time to visit Myrtle Beach is from June to August when the weather is just right for enjoying the beach. With so many amazing and pleasant things to do this east coast, beaches land must be visited once
Cape May, New Jersey
- A charming seaside escape, Cape May sports a small-town vibe, quiet atmosphere and stunning natural beauty. Tour the local wineries and craft breweries, shop at the Washington Street Mall or check out the wildlife at the Cape May County Zoo.
- There’s a lighthouse, museums, and recreational activities galore like parasailing, surfing and paddleboarding. Higbee Beach and Poverty Beach (thankfully not representative of its name) are a few must-see gems.
- This Jersey Shore getaway’s beaches have been declared the best in the state, and its collection of Victorian bed and breakfast destinations attract visitors from around the country. In fact, the entire city was listed as a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
- Swimming, Skimboarding Volleyball nets, Surfing, The Cove, Surfing Beach (Gurney Street), and South Queen (Queen Street), Fishing, Kayaking are amazing activities offered by these east coast beaches will make your vacation once in a lifetime experience.
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
- Kiawah is a coastal island off South Carolina. Kiawah is a sea island. It is a great place to visit with friends and family.
- The best part of visiting this island is that it is not very crowded and is extremely clean. an exotic golf course, wonderful beaches, and superb landscapes make Kiawah island an extraordinary tourist destination.
- With some of the best golfing in the world and beaches that stretch for 10 miles, this island 15 miles south of Charleston has hosted notable names like Joe Biden, George Clooney, and George W. Bush.
- While the island is private, the five-star hotel The Sanctuary offers access to non-residents. Located on a beautiful barrier island just a few miles from historic Charleston, South Carolina lies Kiawah Island Golf Resort, host of the 2012 and 2021 PGA Championship.
- Also home to a beautiful seaside mansion, The Sanctuary at Kiawah. You will love watching wading birds and dolphins, found loads of seashells, and talked to plenty of friendly people.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of other Charleston-area beaches at Kiawah Island. Stunning, serene, and peaceful are just a few adjectives used to describe this hidden gem.
- Island has been honored with the prestigious AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Stars rating. Rare intact coastal dunes, beautiful marshes, and 10 miles of dog-friendly beach
- This town at the northernmost end of Cape Cod is beloved for its gay-friendly atmosphere, charming town, and beautiful beaches—more than 30 miles of them.
- Located on the northernmost tip of Cape Cod, Provincetown is known for being the first landing place of the Mayflower Pilgrims in the New World.
- Since then it has become a distinguished art colony with a gay-friendly vibe and miles of galleries, shops and old mansions.
- The beaches and surrounding water are an undeniable part of any Cape Cod experience. As you make your way to Provincetown along the 70-mile long peninsula, the scenic route includes glimpses of the Atlantic Ocean to the east and Cape Cod Bay to the west.
- Once home to countless whaling fleets, this sliver of land has become a sanctuary of sorts for those who want to escape city life to relax and recharge.
- In order to preserve the natural beauty of the area, President John F. Kennedy had the entire Atlantic Ocean coastline of Cape Cod designated as a National Park in 1961.
Miami Beach, Florida
- South Beach is unlike anywhere else in the country—or the world, for that matter. A-listers, models, and the rest of us love the sunny scene for its top restaurants and hot hotels along with the Instagram-worthy beaches.
- Miami Beach is a south Florida island city, connected by bridges to mainland Miami. Wide beaches stretch from North Shore Open Space Park, past palm-lined Lummus Park to South Pointe Park.
- The southern end, South Beach, best known for its international cachet with models and celebrities, and its early-20th-century architecture in the Art Deco Historic district with pastel-colored buildings, especially on Ocean Drive.
Southampton, New York
- A charming village center, high-end shops, and exquisite dining have made Southhampton a perfect blend of sprawling beaches, private estates and just enough places to “be seen” to satisfy the upper crust.
- How can you forget the beauty within seven-plus miles of unspoiled shoreline, windswept dunes and waving grasses?
- Southampton is a vibrant and energetic city situated in the county of Hampshire along the South Coast of England.
- The coastline offers a mixture of busy ports and a selection of golden sandy beaches or rocky caves to explore.
- Unspoiled beaches, a charming village center, exclusive shops and exquisite dining have made Southampton the Hampton du jour. Well, now you know what to choose for your east coast beach vacation.
- Goose Rocks Beach offers nearly three miles of white sand along the scenic coast of Maine. The Goose Rocks barrier reef—visible at low tide—protects it from choppy seas, and looking for marine life in the tidal pools is a popular activity with children.
- Goose Rocks Beach has nearly three miles of wide sandy beach. A barrier reef located offshore known as Goose Rocks is visible at low tide.
- It helps protect the soft, white sand of the beach. Goose Rocks Beach is the perfect spot to sunbathe, relax, swim and beach-comb.
- This beach has no lifeguards. Plenty of room for jogging, sunning and sandcastle building. The largest part of Kennebunk Beach, along Beach Avenue, perfect fine sand.
- Often referred to as “Kennebunk Beach.” Portable toilets, Lifeguards, top activities for recreation Kennebunkport provides you with the best time to cherish.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 28 feet wide Virginia beach stretches for three miles, with street entertainers, arcade games, and live music. Virginia Beach, a coastal city in southeastern Virginia, lies where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean.
- A 3-mile boardwalk stretches along its beach-lined oceanfront. The bayside First Landing State Park marks the 1607 arrival of the Jamestown colonists from England.
- The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center exhibits ocean life including sharks, rays and sea turtles in globally themed habitats.
- It is the most popular city in Virginia. Known as “America’s First Region”, which also includes Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News considered one of the best in America.
- This is a resort city with miles of beaches and hundreds of hotels, motels, and restaurants along its oceanfront.
- Connecticut’s largest public beach is also one of its most popular. It includes two miles of sand along the relatively calm waters of Long Island Sound waters, making it an excellent choice for generations.
- The on-site Meigs Point Nature Center also offers daily nature walks. Meigs Point Nature Center is an exciting and vital environmental learning center open to all ages at Hammonasset Beach State Park.
- The Nature Center is host to a variety of native animals, including turtles, snakes, amphibians, crabs, and fish. Most of the animals at the Nature Center cannot be released because of previous injuries or for other reasons, but are well cared for. Now you can enjoy your family time most significantly on these east coast beaches.
With the charm beaches and beautiful sand you really want to spend your amazing time on these east coasts with your friends, family or loved ones. Each of these coastal gems provides you with an extraordinary experience. This article provides you with the best east coast beaches location to spend your amazing time and definitely should be in your 2020 antecedence list. Comment below and let us know which are your favorite beaches?