It’s a great plan to have a getaway for a long weekend, either with your family, solo trip or a romantic weekend with your loved one. But if it is budget then it is more convenient and enjoyable as it will not harm your pocket. You don’t have to low your budget to get your family and loved one’s special holiday treat.
Well here is the list of cheap weekend getaways with the specification as a couple, solo or a family weekend. So plan your next escape with one of these cheap family weekend getaways.
Plan Your Family Vacation With These Cheap Weekend Getaways:
- This Balearic Island is fantastic for families, and is located in the Mediterranean Sea belonging to Spain and is just two hours away from the UK.
- Here you will get several family-friendly resorts with kids, clubs, swimming pools and on-site restaurants, all on a beautiful and peaceful island.
- Son Bou and Binibeca are quaint locations that will be loved by all ages.
- The capital city of Mahón is great for getting some culture, or perhaps taking a boat trip from the Port de Mahón.
San Diego, California, USA
- San Diego is a city on the Pacific coast of California popular for its beaches, parks and warm climate.
- While flights may be quite expensive, once you arrive you can explore the city on a budget with the Go San Diego Card, which offers discounts of up to 50 percent on attractions like San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Legoland California, and also provides unlimited access to SeaWorld San Diego.
- Immense Balboa Park is the site of the renowned San Diego Zoo, as well as numerous art galleries, artist studios, museums, and gardens. San Diego is a surprisingly kid-friendly destination, with much to keep youngsters of all ages entertained.
- The Algarve has long been a popular family holiday destination, with celebrity mum Holly Willoughby such a fan of the region she returns every summer.
- The Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region, is known for its Atlantic beaches and golf resorts. Whitewashed fishing villages on low cliffs overlooking sandy coves were transformed in the 1960s, and now its central coast between Lagos and Faro is lined with villas, hotels, bars, and restaurants.
- This area of Portugal blessed with great weather and beautiful beaches, not only that there are also lots for children and parents to enjoy.
- You could easily spend your weekend on the beach or by the pool.
- Don’t miss a trip to Aqualand, one of the largest waterparks in Europe, for a day out. Entry starts from just €21 (around £19), it’s free for kind below five.
- The Pink Granite Coast is famed for its unusual, blush-hued sand and rocks. Brittany is known for its abundant prehistoric menhirs.
- Brittany is ideal for an active summer break and is accessible via a flight to Dinard or by car – simply take the ferry across to St-Malo or Roscoff.
- It’s one of the favorite spots for family. As well as spending time exploring the coast, make sure you travel down to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site Mont Saint Michel.
- It’s not just scenic but may also a fun scorer with teenagers once you mention that it featured in the video game Assassin’s Creed.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia known for its distinctive Old Town, encircled with massive stone walls completed in the 16th century. Its well-preserved buildings range from baroque St. Blaise Church to renaissance Sponza Palace and Gothic Rector’s Palace, now a history museum.
- This is one of the family holiday destinations with reasonable packages.
- Beach can make you relax or some sightseeing is also a better idea, taking in the old town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A popular activity among teenagers and children is a Cable car trip rising 700 meters into the hills offering stunning views across the city and surrounding islands.
- Enjoyable scenic like seeing some of the filming locations from Game of Thrones, such as the City Walls and the Pile Gate entrance to the Old Town.
- Enjoy a fabulous budget-friendly family holiday destination.
- Baroque landmarks include St. John’s Co-Cathedral, whose opulent interior is home to the Caravaggio masterpiece “The Beheading of Saint John.”
- Flights can be cheap around £36, but once you arrive you’ll be spoiled for choice of things to see and do.
- Explore historic museums, spectacular piazzas, or take a boat trip off the coast.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the best ice cream for which Malta is famous for.
- Fun-loving place with its long history as a Portuguese colony before 1961 is evident in its preserved 17th-century churches and the area’s tropical spice plantations.
- Goa is majorly known for its beaches, ranging from popular stretches at Baga and Palolem to those in laid-back fishing villages such as Agonda.
- There will be fun in each moment while enjoying your family holiday in Goa.
- Adventurous place with rich culture and array of places to explore, such as visiting wildlife sanctuaries, touring old forts or just enjoy a beach walk.
Koh Samui, Thailand
- Koh Samui is the second-largest island of Thailand. Southeast Asia is notoriously cheap, making it ideal for families.
- It is majorly known for its palm-fringed beaches, coconut groves, and dense, mountainous rainforest, plus luxury resorts and posh spas.
- Koh Samui would be great for visiting with children, where you can spend your time playing on the beach or trying activities like kayaking and snorkeling.
- Affordable accommodation is remarkable, with just a heap of budget you can enjoy a villa with a private swimming pool for as little as £100 per night.
Tenerife, Canary Islands
- Tenerife is intimidated by Mt. Teide, a dormant volcano that is Spain’s tallest peak.
- Tenerife may be best known for its Carnaval de Santa Cruz, a huge pre-Lent festival with parades, music, dancing, and colorful costumes.
- The island has many beaches and resort areas, including Los Cristianos and Playa de las Américas.
- Tenerife is a popular family holiday destination.
- Book package holidays for as little as £250 per person, and enjoy the advantage of the year-round warm weather and family-friendly attractions such as Siam Park, which has been voted one of the best water parks in the world.
Negombo, Sri Lanka
- Negombo Lagoon, lined with fishermen’s huts, feeds into the Dutch-era Hamilton Canal. The canal leads south to Colombo.
- A country with a rich heritage, amazing scenery, and incredible wildlife all waiting to be discovered is a worthy holiday destination.
- Negombo is just a short distance from the airport on the west coast, where you’ll find three-star hotels for as little as £29 per night.
- You cannot forget, Guruge Park, a nature-themed park with rides, dinosaur exhibits, and bird shows – sure to be popular with young children.
Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
- Sunny beach is known for its water sports, dunes, and nightlife.
- Its waterfront is lined by a long sandy beach. Inland is a paintball park, a go-kart track and a water park many slides.
- The town of Nessebar a UNESCO-listed, has ancient ruins and an Archaeological Museum with millennia-old pottery and bronze vessels.
- This Bulgarian beach resort has been voted one of the most affordable resorts in Europe, with the average family meal costing around £28 according to Post Office Travel Money.
Costa del Sol, Spain
- Another affordable destination within easy reach of the UK is the Costa del Sol in Spain with a diversity of landscapes: beaches, cliffs, estuaries, bays and dunes
- You can book flights with budget airlines for as little as £30 per person, while food and drink when you’re over there is affordable too.
- The average family meal would cost £40, and a glass of wine or a bottle of beer is around £1.80.
- Clear lake is a great selection of family-friendly activities and events, book a cheap family weekend getaway to Clear Lake.
- It is located two hours south of Minneapolis and two hours north of Des Moines, right off of Interstate 35 in North Iowa, this town of nearly 8,000 people you can have an amazing experience filled with affordable, family experiences.
- These include a family-friendly beach, yurts, family fishing experiences, holiday events and even a kite festival on the lake in the middle of winter.
- Washington, DC, the US capital, is a compact city on the Potomac River, bordering the states of Maryland and Virginia
- Pieces of Stuff for families to do during a weekend visit is not in your counts, do not forget museums and sights are also free.
- It overflows with museums, memorials, and historic buildings such as the Capitol and Washington Monument.
- Make your cheap family weekend getaway even more affordable by staying outside the downtown area and taking the Metro transit system into the city. Get an unlimited Metro pass.
Lake Geneva, WI
- Lake Geneva is a resort city on Geneva Lake in southeastern Wisconsin.
- The lakeside Shore Path is dotted with Gilded Age mansions, many built by wealthy Chicagoans.
- An hour and a half from Chicago, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, is the perfect cheap family weekend getaway.
- Lake Geneva is much better for a long weekend than a weeklong.
- Families can enjoy a weekend of boating on the lake, swimming and lounging on the beach. Or you can go hiking, biking, ziplining and horseback riding around this adorable Midwest town
- Roam around in free public parks.
- Fayetteville, North Carolina, is well-known as the home of Fort Bragg, a US Army base that is the world’s largest military installation.
- The base is limited to military personnel and those on military business, there are other attractions great for families.
- Most museums in the area are free admittance. That includes the Airborne & Special Operations Museum, which documents Airborne and special operations history from 1940 to today, and the North Carolina Veterans Park, which honors North Carolina veterans from all branches of the military.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN
- National and state parks are wonderful and budget-friendly destinations that every family should explore.
- · The sprawling landscape encompasses lush forests and an abundance of wildflowers that bloom year-round.
- · Streams, rivers, and waterfalls appear along hiking routes that include a segment of the Appalachian Trail.
- · An observation tower tops Clingmans Dome, the highest peak, offering scenic views of the mist-covered mountains.
- · They contain a wealth of activities ranging from hiking and boating to wildlife classes and ranger-led talks, plus so much more.
- The · Great Smoky Mountains National Park, admission is free, and there are numerous campgrounds throughout the park.
- · Head to nearby Gatlinburg, which overflows with family-friendly accommodations for all budgets and styles.
- Just an hour and a half north of Atlanta in the North Georgia Mountains, Helen, Georgia, welcomes families to experience all this German town has to offer cheap river tubing, hiking, biking, golf and fun, walkable downtown in Helen.
- Vineyards and Bavarian-style buildings are for which Helen is known for.
- Unicoi State Park offers a lake and campsites. Trails run through the Chattahoochee National Forest to the Anna Ruby and Raven Cliff waterfalls.
- Visitors also love shopping in the eclectic stores, sampling sweet treats at the Hansel & Gretal Candy Company, and touring the area’s wineries.
- In Smithgall Woods State Park, Dukes Creek is known for trout fact, floating down the Chattahoochee through the heart of downtown Helen is one of the town’s most popular summer activities.
- If you are looking for a cheap weekend escape from today’s hectic pace will find peace at Oak Hollow Farm in Fairhope, Alabama.
- Go horseback riding and fishing in their small pond.
- Children love the giant oak tree behind the lodge.
- There is a campfire ring, too, for hot dogs and marshmallows. You and your family can stay in the bunk rooms at Oak Hollow, which Faircloth says gives guests a campground feel while each bunk is set up to resemble a hotel room, there are no phones or televisions to distract you from the great outdoors.
Hocking Hills, OH
- Hocking Hills, Ohio, outdoor activities are generally free, and you can pitch a tent and camp if you like to save money.
- Ash Cave and Old Man’s Cave, you can hike to waterfalls and enjoy postcard-worthy views and plenty of trails to keep you on the move.
- Outdoor also involves canoeing, horseback riding, zip-lining, rock climbing, rappelling, or taking an ATV tour
Cape May, NJ
- Cape May is a city and seaside resort at the tip of southern New Jersey’s Cape May Peninsula. It’s known for its grand Victorian houses such as the Emlen Physick Estate, now a museum with a preserved interior from the era.
- Take the family to Cape May, New Jersey, and enjoy a family getaway reminiscent of family vacations from years gone by.
- Cape May is a throwback to a family town with no fast food, just mom-and-pop shops, and eateries, a beautiful beach, and boardwalk.
- Early morning dolphin watching is what you cannot miss.
- Family-friendly attractions include the Cape May County Zoo, the Cape May Fireman’s Museum, the Cape May Lighthouse, the Nature Center of Cape May, and the Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum.
- Riverhead, New York, which is 60 miles from Manhattan and at the beginning of the Hamptons.
- Spend the afternoon at the aquarium, have dinner in town. Then stay over, have breakfast and a swim in the pool, and head home.
- You can enjoy with your family and even save big by seeking out packages that include a hotel, free breakfast, and tickets for local attractions.
Plan Your Best Solo Vacation With These Cheap Weekend Getaways:
- Seoul, the capital city of South Korea but there is so much more to South Korea than its capital city.
- There are mountains and beaches, great diving, and hiking for outdoor enthusiasts.
- There’s a fascinating history over many centuries to be found in modern cities and more traditional villages. A little bit of research and you’ll know why it’s a great destination.
- There are many options for affordable hotels in Seoul. A highly-rated hotel you’d get for about US$95 that’s in the center of the city. Here’s the central hostel with an 8.5 rating for US$38.
- Pick a cheap flight from Toronto, return flights start at CAN$755. From New York City, return flights start at US$526.
- US Government and Canadian Government both Exercise normal precautions in South Korea.
Łódź , Poland
- Eastern Europe is a bargain compared to Western Europe. It has much of what the west has to offer and more. Poland’s culture is a product of its geography.
- Łódź is Poland’s third-largest city. It fell into decline after WWII but since 2000 it has been reinventing itself.
- It’s now famous for its architecture, street art, museums, and art galleries. The centerpiece of the restoration is EC1 which was the Łódź power plant.
- The east side of this building serves as a cultural space hosting workshops, art exhibitions, and other cultural events as well as a Planetarium and the National Centre for Film Culture. EC1 West houses an interactive Centre for Science & Technology and a 3D Omnimax Cinema complex. Hostels are even cheaper.
- The fair normal flight cost From Toronto, return flights start at CAN$1,106 non-stop or CAN$975 with a stop. The extra $31 is worth it. From New York City, return flights start at US$570 non-stop or US$440 with a stop in Oslo, Norway.
- · US Government and Canadian Government both exercise normal precautions in Poland
- Houston is the solo-friendly destination and is 10% less expensive than Toronto and 38% less than New York City. Hotel accommodation is neither cheap nor expensive in Houston.
- Visitors to Space Center Houston at NASA’s Johnson Space Center get to imagine they are witnessing the history-making events from the Mission Operations Control Room and others which have been restored to their 1969 appearance, complete with vintage furniture.
- There are several free things to do in the city. The 50th anniversary of the giant leap for mankind is a great reason to visit Houston but there is more. A great starting point is Houston’s Museum District, which has 19 museums within walking distance: 10 of them are always free and the others offer special free days
- Get there with cheap costing from Toronto, return flights start at CAN$631 non-stop. From New York City, return flights start at US$209 non-stop.
- Puerto Rico is an affordable Caribbean destination with beaches and an interesting history. It’s a destination to enjoy and one that would benefit from your travel dollars.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico’s capital, has a free trolley that will take you around San Juan and its National Historic Sites but you could spend a full day exploring the walled city of Old San Juan alone
- The local currency is the US$ so you don’t have a conversion to consider with this destination. There are many options for affordable hotels in San Juan. Hostels are even cheaper
- The island has enjoyed Spanish, African, Indian, and US influence, which, according to Puerto Rico’s visitor bureau, is mirrored in the food, music, and architecture of the island.
- Both US and Canadian Government exercise normal precautions in Puerto Rico
- Make your visit cheap From Toronto, return flights start at CAN$475 with one-stop. From New York City, return flights start at US$235 non-stop.
- Beaches are the ultimate budget travel activity and Puerto Rico has many wonderful beaches to relax on or explore.
- Puerto Rico is on the migration path of humpback whales. January to the end of March is the best time for whale watching.
- Argentina has spectacular natural wonders including Glaciers National Park, El Chalten, and Iguazu Falls, all bucket list destinations for adventure travelers.
- There are Buenos Aires and the tango! And then there are gauchos, Argentinian cowboys. Yes, there’s much to make Argentina an exciting destination for any traveler, budget or otherwise.
- There are lots of free and cheap things to do in Buenos Aires. There are, of course, free tours to enjoy but plenty more. Go to the Mataderos Fair, a Gaucho market on the outskirts of Buenos Aires, and see the gauchos show off their skills; take a walk through the 80-hectare woods at the Bosques de Palermo; or explore the graffiti in the northern suburbs.
- Other countries in South America may be cheaper, Argentina is one that has the safety rating I was looking for.
- There are many options for affordable hotels in Buenos Aires. Here’s a centrally located guest house on Booking.com with an overall rating of 8.9 for US$89 including breakfast.
- Traveling cost varies From New York City, return flights start at US$627 non-stop, From Toronto, return flights start at CAN$1095.
- Both the US and Canadian Governments exercise normal precautions in Argentina.
- If you’re in the neighborhood of Belgrano on a Sunday, go to the bandstand at Barrancas de Belgrano Park for the free tango lessons from 7 pm. You can then watch the experts performing for free.
Plan Best Couples Vacations With These Cheap Romantic Getaways:
Sedona Portland, ME
- The city is a port hub at heart, once serving as the largest in 17th-century New England. Sleepy coastal towns with craggy coastlines, boats blowing in the wind and loads of lobster is what everyone thinks about Portland, but Portland is so much more than that.
- With a population of about 66,700, Maine’s largest city may not be considered big to some, but it has all the offerings of a vibrant metropolis.
- Featuring typical Maine topography and a thriving harbor that offers plenty of delectable seafood, but Portland has made a name for itself in more ways than one.
- The city is dedicated to the arts, revered dining scene and incredible preservation and reinvention of its historic Old Port surpassing the traveler’s expectations.
- Museums abound, kitchens with James Beard Award-winning chefs dot the downtown area and local boutiques share streets with national chains.
- Beaches situated on island shorelines, centuries-old lighthouses perfectly positioned on coastal bluffs and delicious lobster rolls are all you demand.
- Portland is charming soothing the soul surely.
- Savannah, with its Spanish moss, Southern accents and creepy graveyards, this city about 100 miles to the south has an eccentric streak.
- Savannah is a place with creative art and design mixed with ghost hunters and preservationists.
- Southern-fried restaurants share street blocks with edgy cafes and restored theaters. History or nightlife of Savannah’s antebellum past seeps from nearly every corner but “The Hostess City of the South” abandons its genteel behavior by nightfall to prove it also knows how to show visitors a good time.
- The quirky characters in the true crime story, “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil,” say it all. Yes, eccentricity is the name of the game, but if that’s not your “box of chocolates,” as Tom Hanks famously said in the Savannah-filmed “Forrest Gump,”
- Northern California’s this beautiful country is known for its bucolic charms and an array of wineries could also be described as Napa’s rustic, less-refined and more-relaxed.
- If you want a laid-back introduction to stellar vintages and gorgeous properties, Sonoma – rather than Napa – should be your California wine country destination.
- The rolling hills, which rise into the Sonoma Mountains and descend to the Pacific shore, also contain a cache of small cities that are worth a view.
- Santa Rosa for an urban escape, complete with museums and buzzy restaurants, but pop by Glen Ellen for a slice of small-town Americana is worth trying.
- Fort Myers offshoot is considered even more low-key, quiet and quaint than its Gulf Coast neighbor, and is an emblem of peace.
- Sanibel Island is a cool casual location with a shabby chic vibe permeates the Periwinkle Way galleries, restaurants, and shops; seashells cover every sandy and linoleum surface.
- The abundant seashells have become this island’s claim to fame.
- Plenty of beachcombers practicing the “Sanibel stoop” locally called shelling on any lengthy stretch of sand. If the mood strikes you join them for at least one afternoon.
- Niagara Falls is considered to be a top natural wonder of the world.
- Get in your vehicle with your special one or pack your family in the minivan and take a spectacular trip to the majestic Niagara Falls.
- It is the location of some incredible non permitted daredevil antics over the years.
- You see the mammoth Niagara River rumbling toward a 188-foot waterfall at about 20 to 30 mph, it is breathtaking.
- The speed at which the river falls creates a misty fog and an unmistakable roar heard from miles away. You can feel the mist on your face. As you follow the water’s path downward, boats, platforms, and observation decks support colorful poncho-clad visitors.
- Niagara falls was a dream honeymoon destination that has gone from classic honeymoon spot to cheesy honeymoon spot.
- Due to the stunning waterfalls, there is a large concentration of quickie wedding chapels and hotels backlit in blaring neon.
- But strolling through the ice wine vineyards of the nearby is truly romantic, as is enjoying the lush landscape.
Glacier National Park
- You may live near a state or national park, but that doesn’t mean you’ve ever been. A cheap weekend in a cabin, camper, or tent may not invoke the idea of romance to you, but it will get you away from the distracting hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- And if you’re looking for a cheap romantic getaway, well, getting away on the cheap is two-thirds of the goal. There’s no reason you can’t add the romance part yourself.
- Glacier National Park is located on the border of Canada and the United States and is often called the “Crown of the Continent” since it sits at the headwaters of the streams that flow into the Pacific Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and Hudson Bay.
- The park flaunts more than 700 lakes, several waterfalls and two amazing mountain ranges, spread across more than 1 million acres that shelter an array of wildlife.
- Many of the park’s lodges, chalets and hotels were constructed by the Great Northern Railway in the early 20th century and are on the National Register of Historic Places.
- It’s popular among hikers, the park features a variety of trails for all skill levels, ranging from the easy Trail to the challenging Grinnell Glacier.
- Apart from scenic view the park shares a fair amount of history going to the Sun Road or, 52-mile drive through the park – is a National Historic Landmark and an engineering marvel not only offers majestic views but also access to popular hiking trails.
Let’s Take a Brief Idea About Cheap Romantic Getaways to Plan Your Weekend Very Often.
- Beaches and mountains are symbols of romance. Water crashing your feet or beach balcony is quite romantic with a pinch of moonlight. Sound expensive isn’t it?
- So here are the ideas for making your trip cheap and affordable.
- Make accommodations cheap by browsing on airbnb or homeaway for a vacant condo, bungalow, or apartment this will not only get you a room to stay but also have a kitchen at your disposal, to prepare your own meal and save your money.
- The key to choose a cheap beach retreat is (hopefully) finding a destination within driving distance so you don’t have to splurge for flights.
Plan your Off-Season holiday!!
- Season plays an important role in planning your holidays don’t you think so?
- During the cold winter months, most folks are hitting the ski slopes or packing up for warmer climates.
- Going against the grain can help you score great prices in popular cold-weather cities such as New York, Boston, or Chicago.
- These places have cheaper rates and plenty of romantic deals. Hotel deal breaks down can help you to enjoy luxury in the budget. For example Miami: Cultural hub Miami boasts an array of deals that are good for winter months.
Travel without a Passport
- If you are willing to travel without a passport Visiting consider a cheap romantic getaway to the US territories of St. Thomas or St. John. US Territory can be fairly affordable and rather convenient.
- Not only will you save an average of $125 per person by not splurging for a passport, but you’ll avoid the hassle of customs and find affordable (often nonstop) flights from many East Coast airports.
The All-Inclusive Couples Getaway
- Passport in hand and you are ready with your action plan an all-inclusive trip to the Caribbean is just a flight away.
- All-inclusive resorts are like other resorts, except for one huge detail: Your meals, drinks (usually even alcohol), tips, snacks, and entertainment are all included for one price.
- This can lead to huge savings if you take advantage of everything an all-inclusive resort has to offer, and it certainly makes your trip easier to budget for.
An Outdoor Fun
- If you or your spouse are the outdoorsy types, look for winter deals in the mountains. Sure, the big ski resorts are expensive, but there are less pricey ways to have fun in the snow.
- Visit nearby national parks, a cheap weekend in a cabin, camper, or tent may not invoke the idea of romance to you, but it will get you away from the distracting hustle and bustle of everyday life.
A Romantic Cruise
- Cruises are one of the most affordable getaway options out there, and some of the shorter itineraries can be both affordable and romantic.
- When you consider the fact that cruises include most or all of your lodging, food, and entertainment, that’s one heck of a value.
- Try to find the offers and packages being offered. New discounts and packages include pre-booking most of your expenses are included, cruises offer a great way to enjoy your loved one without breaking the bank — or going over budget. But if you’re looking for the best deals, make sure to shop around.
- The vast majority of Americans live close enough to a cruise port to drive, and that could mean additional savings on airfare.
The Taste of wine
- You can find wineries in all corners of the US, including some unlikely places like Upstate New York or Michigan.
- Many countries offer several wine-themed getaway packages for couples for as little as $30 on top of the standard room rate.
Holidays are essential for everybody. You might be a big business tycoon or a workaholic but you should plan a good weekend to enjoy yourself with your family, friends or may be spending your me-time. Spending some quality weekend at some exotic getaways is never a bad idea. Chilling on a beach or enjoying a spectacular scenic of the mountain in moonlight is treat. Grab some amazing location from this article and plan your holiday.
Comment below and let us know where you want to be for your next weekend trip?