12 Must Visit Aquariums In The USA
We all might be having a great memory of our childhood exploring the aquarium and why not as a kid we’ll all probably have admired the beautiful and diverse marine species. Well, it doesn’t matter whether it’s your childhood or you’re being an adult everybody is fond of colorful marine species. So, here I am taking you to the tour of 12 amazing aquariums of The United States. Trust me, you’ll go crazy wondering about these auspicious aquariums.
Wear your imagination glasses and get ready to explore these amazing and best aquariums in the US.
Monterey Bay Aquarium | Monterey, California
An amazing non-profit aquarium spotted at the edge of the Pacific Ocean, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is beautifully crafted to enhance the California coast’s naturally copious sea life. You cannot overlook the rich diversity of marine life in the three-story-tall kelp forest, just imagine yourself feeling the ocean’s force at the wave crash tunnel, or even hauling some daily otter feedings to relish some extraordinary marine animals pampering themselves in water and playing with trinkets, one the most fun-loving activity relished by children.
- Entry Fee: Adult- (ages 18-64 )-$49.95, Youth-(ages 13-17)-$39.95
- Operation Hours: Monday to Sunday 10 am to pm
- Location: 886 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Monterey Bay Aquarium
Georgia Aquarium | Atlanta, Georgia
The Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta is the largest aquarium in the country designed around 6.3 million gallons is home to thousands of animals and numerous species taking forward with the access to the aquarium’s seven galleries with over 500 species of sea creatures from around the globe. Some noticeable experiences include the Sleepover Under the Sea or Behind the Seas Tour making your trip the most memorable. Though its the largest and has numerous species yet has some highly noticeable creatures which include African Moony, American Lobster, Atlantica Sea Nettle, and many more. The exhibits include Ocean Voyager, River Scout, Tropical Diver, Cold Water Quest, Georgia Explorer, Dolphin Tales.
- Entry Fee: Adult Admission Tickets starting at $26.95. Pricing varies
- Operation Hours: Monday to Friday 10 am to 9 pm, Saturday and pm Sunday 9 am to 9 pm
- Location: 225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Georgia Aquarium
Shores & Aquarium At The Columbus Zoo | Powell, Ohio
Measuring the depths of the oceans, exploring and relishing the rocky coastline and not forgetting discovering the animals that call different bodies of water home at the Shores & Aquarium. Then slither over to the Reptile House and snake your way through the different regions of the world where lizards, turtles and other reptiles live and lively 88,000-gallon coral reef work as the cherry on top of the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium in Powell, Ohio. Though the aquarium has raised the standard bar for other aquariums yet it been counted as one of the most attractive aquarium. Some notable species include Colo (Western lowland gorilla), Mumbah, Hanna, Fluffy and also the exhibits to relish Asia Quest, Pachyderms, Polar Frontier, African Forest and many more.
- Entry Fee: Franklin County Under 3-Free, Ages 3-9-$11.99, Ages 10-59-$16.99. Outside of Franklin County Under 3-Free, Ages 3-9 $16.99, Ages 10-59- $21.99, Ages 60+ $16.99
- Franklin County Ages 60+ $11.99
- Operation Hours: Varies from month to month, Jan-Feb- 10 am to 4 pm, March-May- 9 am to 5 pm, June- August- 9 am to 7 pm, Sept.- Dec. 9 am to 5 pm
- Location: 4850 W Powell Rd, Powell, OH 43065, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Shores & Aquarium At The Columbus Zoo
Tennessee Aquarium | Chattanooga, Tennessee
Well, while exploring the Tennessee Aquarium you get to realize the beauty lies of this aquarium within its surroundings and with that constituting the most assorted exhibit of freshwater animals in the country. Your Tennessee Aquarium experience at least require two hours and getting a chance to encounter the waterfront beauty in two buildings: River Journey and Ocean Journey and Inside the River Journey building, you will get enchanted by feisty river otters, colorful frogs, amazing turtles and freshwater fish species such as beautiful trout, giant catfish and prehistoric-looking sturgeon. Some notable of this aquarium includes Big T., Biscuit, Terk, Bobber, Blue, Roxie, Bug, Rodan and many more.
- Entry Fee: Tennessee Aquarium Adult $34.95 child $21.95, IMAX 3D Theater -45 minute film- Adult $11.95 child $9.95, Tennessee Aquarium/IMAX Combo Adult $42.95 Child $29.95
- Operation Hours: Entry times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
- Location: 1 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37402, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Tennessee Aquarium
Mystic Aquarium | Mystic, Connecticut
An auspicious Mystic Aquarium is the home to the beluga whales in New England and Stellar sea lions being the only aquarium showcasing these endangered species. And of course that much is not enough this aquarium is also home to thousands of species of marine mammals, fish, invertebrates, and reptiles. Regardless of whether they have scales, fins or flippers, the animal ambassadors provide the essential connection to the ocean planet and its conservation.
- Entry Fee: The entrance fee is $35.00 at the gate for an adult. Child. 3-12 $25.00 . Child 13-17 $29.00.
- Operation Hours: Monday to Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
- Location: 55 Coogan Blvd, Mystic, CT 06355, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Mystic Aquarium
Maui Ocean Center | Wailuku, Hawaii
Positioned on an island wrapped by the Pacific, the Maui Ocean Center is an amazing aquarium to discover the rich diversity of native Hawaiian wildlife without making your drenching your bare feet. Though this outdoor aquarium is compact yet interactive and eligible enough to grab the attention of your kids, while informative enough to leave adults feeling satiated. It is home to the native Hawaiian animals which makes this great USA aquarium.
- Entry Fee: Adults: $23.95, Senior: $21.95, Child: $14.95. Valid with Hawai’i I.D. per person.
- Operation Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm 356 days
- Location: 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku, HI 96793, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Maui Ocean Center
National Aquarium | Baltimore, Maryland
The National Aquarium in Baltimore is outstanding though a bit crowded but worth visiting. If you are fond of fish and other sea creatures this is the aura you’ll love being surrounded. Visit the innovative dolphin sanctuary, three-story fish tank, and niche exhibits from around the world which enhances the National Aquarium. Some notable animals include Fern, Foster, Beau, Bayley, Chesapeake, Scout, and many more
- Entry Fee: Adults: $39.95, Children (Ages 3-11): $29.95, Seniors (Ages 65+): $34.95, Children 2 and under: Free
- Operation Hours: Available from 9 am to 4:30 pm, 7 days a week
- Location: 501 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21202, United States
- Book Online Ticket: National Aquarium
Suzanne & Walter Scott Aquarium At The Henry Doorly Zoo | Omaha, NB
Have you ever imagined how wonderland of the marine drive would be? Well, live that experience here walk on the bottom of the ocean and come nose to nose with sea turtles as sharks circle above you in the 70-foot shark tunnel. Encounter polar regions, temperate oceans, coral reefs at the Suzanne and Walter Scott Aquarium. From Antarctic penguins to colorful warm water fish you a charming scenic relish the underwater beauty.
- Entry Fee: Adult – Ages 12 – 65- $20.95 ea, Child – Ages 3 – 11 $13.95 ea, Senior – Ages 65+- $19.95 ea
- Operation Hours: 9 am to 6 pm
- Location: Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium, Omaha, NE 68108, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Suzanne & Walter Scott Aquarium At The Henry Doorly Zoo
Newport Aquarium | Newport, Kentucky
One of the most thrilling and adventurous aquarium is mostly relished by outdoor enthusiasts. The Newport aquarium is famous for the swinging Shark Bridge hanging just inches above the Shark Tank Overlook. If you are not an outdoor enthusiast still you have plenty of things to do you can go for a penguin encounter, Gator Alley, and a tidewater touch pool.
- Entry Fee: Aquarium adventurer combo- Adults ages 13+$3499, children ages 2-12 -$2799, General Admission: Adults ages 13+$2599, children ages 2-12 -$1799. Membership options are also available
- Operation Hours: 10 am to 6 pm
- Location: 1 Levee Way, Newport, KY 41071, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Newport Aquarium
Shedd Aquarium | Chicago Illinois
An indoor public aquarium and conservation center, the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago is a National Historic Landmark and structural appeal, situated in the Beaux-Arts building on the banks of Lake Michigan. Kayak (Beluga whale), Qannik, Nunavik, Granddad, Miki, Naya, Bella, Immiayuk, Puiji, Mauyak are some amazing and notable species you would love to interact with.
- Entry Fee: General Admission: Adult-$39.95, Children (3-11)-$29.95, 4D Upgrade-$4.95, Chicago Residents: Adult-$19.95, Children (3-11)- $14.95, 4D Upgrade- $4.95, Shedd Members: Adult- Free, Children (3-11)- Free, 4D Upgrade- $2.95
- Operation Hours: Flexible, Operates until 5.30 pm
- Location: 1200 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60605, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Shedd Aquarium | Chicago Illinois
Florida Aquarium | Tampa, Florida
Looking for some memorable experience with lots of fun and recreation this is the only aquarium provides you with the great opportunity amazing water sports, so do not forget to carry your swim gears with you. A kid-friendly neat water playground will make your babies day out and the most fun aquarium dau for you. The Shedd is a really magnificent aquarium with comprehensive exhibits comprising aquatic habitats of the whole world, from local species of the Great Lakes to the Amazon, Africa, and SE Asia.
- Entry Fee: Adult retail: $31.00, price:$27.90, Child Age: 3-11 years. retail: $26.00, price- $23.40, Children under 3 are free. Senior60+ retail- $28.00, $25.20.
- Operation Hours: Open daily 9:30 to 5:00. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas day.
- Location: 701 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602, United States
- Book Online Ticket: Florida Aquarium
Ripley’s Aquarium | Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Love exploring to the smoky mountains then you will love these surroundings and this aquarium. The moving sidewalk at Ripley’s sprawling aquarium showcasing sharks, sea turtles, string rays, penguins & a glass-bottom boat ride is a perfect location for you and your kids to get entertained to the fullest.
- Entry Fee: Ripley is fond of educators and to celebrate they offer FREE admission for one school staff member and one additional guest and up to 4 additional guests at $10.99 +tax per person.
- Operation Hours: January – February Monday-Thursday: 9 am – 8 pm, Friday – Sunday: 9 am – 10 pm, March – Memorial Day Monday-Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm, Friday – Sunday: 9 am – 10 pm, Memorial Day – Labor Day Monday-Thursday: 9 am – 10 pm, Friday – Sunday: 9 am – 11 pm, Labor Day – New Year’s Day Monday-Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm, Friday – Sunday: 9 am – 10 pm.
- Location: 88 River Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, United States of America.
- Book Online Ticket: Ripley’s Aquarium
So here was your tour to the most extravagant and auspicious aquariums of The United States now you can come of your imagination!! wasn’t it amazing? All of us love to spend time at aquariums and why not? after all the natural beauty lies within these aquariums which nobody can overlook. This article provides you with a proper tour of the best aquariums in The USA. Comment below and let us know when are you taking your real tour to these top aquariums of The Unites States?